[Its.an.education.project] FW: Dissolution of the NGO OLPC Nepal [but not the OLPC community in Nepal]

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Thu May 8 10:29:44 CEST 2008

I am forwarding this message because it wasn't only circulated in
Nepal-specific mailing lists circulated and I want to clarify the status
of OLPC in Nepal.

Recently, the NGO OLPC Nepal disbanded when most of the team members
resigned citing issues w/ OLPC Boston's management
 http://groups.google.com/group/olpcnepal/msg/d93ddf63fa09fa6e

I don't know the status of the pilot launched by OLPC Nepal at Jana
Jyoti school, which was launched on March 27th.
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Janajyoti_School
I hope to visit the school soon and check it out for myself.

The NGO OLPC Nepal should not be confused w/ the larger OLPC community
in Nepal nor the NGO OLE Nepal that is implementing the Bishwamitra and
Bashuki pilots. Both of the pilots are doing exceptionally well.

I myself have had a rocky relationship w/ the NGO OLPC Nepal but it has
been great getting to know those guys.  I was one
of the original founders of OLPC Nepal. While myself and much of the
current OLE Nepal team left OLPC Nepal back in July of 2007 under
unhappy circumstances, I am still
proud of what we accomplished together.

--
Bryan W. Berry