[IAEP] Wiki organization

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 00:29:48 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 3:30 PM, David Farning <dfarning at sugarlabs.org>
wrote:

> I am working on the wiki organization again.
>
> I think that teams and team headers are the right way to go.  They do
> need some refinement.
>
> It appears that the data on the wiki generally has two dimensions
> audience and area. The two main audiences are users and contributors.
> The areas are the topical areas of the teams.

David,

I would argue that the team (area) organizational concept needs to be
featured much more prominently on the Main page (sidebar would also work).
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Main_Page

I usually find myself navigating to FAQ to find a nice listing of links to
the team pages.
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Community/FAQ

I also think (but say it somewhat more hesitantly) that the Activity icons
on the Main page just take up too much page real estate and tend to hide
some of the good links at the bottom.  While I honor and respect the work
represented by those icons, I would point out that they are also featured
on:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities

Maybe remove the icons and add a nice link to the activities page?   It is
my opinion that the Main page should have something of an
"index-to-the-wiki" functionality that it currently lacks.

cjl