[IAEP] Wiki organization

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Mon Jul 7 21:50:38 CEST 2008

On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 18:29 -0400, Chris Leonard wrote:

> I would argue that the team (area) organizational concept needs to be
> featured much more prominently on the Main page (sidebar would also
> work).
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Main_Page
This is along the same lines as I was thinking..  I will try to put
together a sample teams navigation sidebar.  The challenge will be to
find non-jargon/technical terms for the teams.

> I usually find myself navigating to FAQ to find a nice listing of
> links to the team pages.
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Community/FAQ
>
> I also think (but say it somewhat more hesitantly) that the Activity
> icons on the Main page just take up too much page real estate and tend
> to hide some of the good links at the bottom.  While I honor and
> respect the work represented by those icons, I would point out
> that they are also featured on:
>
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities
>
> Maybe remove the icons and add a nice link to the activities page?
> It is my opinion that the Main page should have something of an
> "index-to-the-wiki" functionality that it currently lacks.

We are all afraid of the 'activities':)  I was hopping that
activities.sugarlabs.org would replace would replace much of the wiki
material on activities.  Based on my available time and the complexity
of the am code, it will be at least a few months until anything is
production ready.

thanks
dfarning