[IAEP] Sugar Digest 2008-06-29

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Wed Jul 2 12:40:08 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 11:16 AM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
<mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 6:58 AM, Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>   > 15:00 Sugar on mobile phones: is it possible? does it make sense?
>>
>> I had trouble following this one -- I couldn't make out an argument for
>> why Sugar on mobile phones might make sense to begin with.  Can anyone
>> provide one?
>
> I think the idea is that expanding the user base of Sugar would have
> positive effects for the projects, especially on the external
> contributions. It's similar to get Sugar running on traditional linux
> distributions...

Yes, same here. In my opinion, even if no Sugar code could be directly
reused, having another project using the same technologies (cairo,
gtk+, python, etc) in low-power hardware and sharing some of the new
HCI proposals could be very beneficial for us.

As an aside, imagine if people could use the same tools/skills to
develop software for their brother's XO and their family's mobile.

Regards,

Tomeu