[IAEP] Color combos for the logo

Christian Schmidt schmidt at pentagram.com
Fri Dec 5 07:33:19 EST 2008

Hi Bernie and Gary

Thanks for your enthusiasm, but there were actually only intended to be four carefully chosen colors of the logo. Like the gray, the blue in the logo interior stays constant in all four iterations. Also, I am working on a document that outlines usage on white and black backgrounds: on black, ideally the interior/exterior colors would be inverted. So with that, we would end up with 8 logo variations altogether.

I could look for more color variations if that's what everybody wants, but I'd caution against too many as not to undermine the recognizability of the mark and our ability to control how it is used.

Christian

  _____