[Systems] Data Request / Privacy Policy query Was Fwd: [IAEP] Preparing for the 2017 SLOB Election

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Wed Aug 17 19:45:51 EDT 2016

Hi Chris!

On 17 August 2016 at 18:54, Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com> wrote:

> Of course, I have such a list (2.3K accounts from former Pootle
> instance that did not get transferred in the last migration).  The
> question is what policy gives me the right to share it

How do you see yourself as different to me in regards to accessing this
data? What right do you have, in the first place, to access the data? How
is my position different to yours? We are both members.

I wonder that perhaps you are saying your contractual relationship with
Conservancy gives you more access to Sugar Labs data than other members who
ask for such access; but then, your access predates your contract.

> (being
> identifying and e-mail, semi sensitive log data from the former Pootle
> server, etc..  User log dumps command reasonable security protocols
> and respect of existing privacy policy, which I think is this.

Ideally I would like name, email, account creation date, and date of last
activity; the latter 2 data will help segment the list to draft slightly
different texts that may be more appropriate.

> http://sfconservancy.org/privacy-policy/
>
> or am I mistaken?

I'm curious why you mention the Conservancy's Privacy Policy; is that
applied to all member projects?

> Anyone with sysadmin privs can unpack the server
> files like I did, so you guys tell me the right thing to do.

:)

> Do we
> have a common secure transmission schema, should I just create a
> folder on the server and drop a spreadsheet in with sftp?

Sure; I don't have ssh access to translate.sugarlabs.org but I can access
dcrossland at sunjammer.sugarlabs.org so you could drop it in there.

--
Cheers
Dave