[Sugar-devel] GSoC'21 draft proposal for 'Improve and maintain 15 sugar activities'

Jui Pradhan juipradhan2k at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 05:26:15 EDT 2021

Hi Sourabha,
                    Thanks for the updated draft proposal. I have few
comments:
- I read the thread where you explained the selected activities and
activity-specific features you would like to add. It would be great if you
could add the explanations from your email in the proposal. For example, in
Recall I found the email explanation more clear than the one added in the
proposal. In addition to that, I feel explanations like the one you gave
for image-viewer activity should definitely be there in your proposal (by
that I mean just by reading the draft proposal, its not clear which image
editing tools you intend to add).
- Most of the activities that involve a port to Gtk+3 also require porting
to python3. (Activities like: Bounce, Compress, labyrinth, etc), if you
feel you can work on port to python3 please feel free to add it to your
proposal
- For the activity Arithmetic, there is an open PR for porting to Gtk+3 and
python3, you may continue work on the same PR if you find that convenient.
- The tools and technologies mentioned OpenCV. Did you find an activity
that uses it? I would love to have a look.
- I really liked your idea of adding a timestamp to messages in the chat
activity!

Also, I would love to hear about the activities you tested by letting the
students use them. :)

Thanks.
Regards,

Jui Pradhan