[Sugar-devel] Debian Advocacy for Sugar - Update - 27-June-2020

shaansubbaiah.cs18 at bmsce.ac.in shaansubbaiah.cs18 at bmsce.ac.in
Sat Jun 27 05:26:08 EDT 2020

Hello James,
Small update; I have been testing Sugar 0.117-3 on Debian Bullseye for the past few days, there aren’t any noticeable issues I have found that weren’t previously mentioned while testing Sugar 0.117-3 on Debian Buster.

I had mentioned an issue present in the Write Activity in an earlier mail, where the Text-To-Speech would cut off before completing the last word. It is present only in the Debian packaged Write Activity (Not present in the latest Sugar Live Build). I haven’t seen any change in the Debian repository that could cause the issue. Funny thing is the text received by the speech function is correct and it does not occur in the Read Activity which has a TTS function implemented similarly. A temporary fix is to append a space followed by a full stop, faking the last word.

-self._speech.say_text(text[0])
+self._speech.say_text(text[0]+' .')
The root cause of the problem is still unknown.
The WebGL issues in JukeBox mentioned in the same mail may be due to my VM.
The slow responsiveness of the Browser is not present in the Sugar Live Build, I’ll have to investigate further.
I’ll test the other Activity packages available at the Debian Salsa Repository and upload a detailed report.
Best,
Shaan
​