[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Fedora 32 Final is GO, SoaS Release Candidate ISO available immediately

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Apr 27 20:04:31 EDT 2020

I've no idea about your sound problem.  It doesn't happen for me on
Debian or Ubuntu.  I get sound from Speak and Music Keyboard.  I get
sound into Measure.

For not seeing any log messages; Python 3 holds messages in process
memory and does not flush logs.  Another layer of buffering.

Log files in .sugar/default/logs should be read after stopping the
program that writes to them.

For activity logs, you have to stop the activity and confirm with
Frame F6 that it is stopped.

For shell.log you have to log out and log in again.

For datastore.log you have to log out for a couple of minutes and then
log in again.  Otherwise the same datastore process may be reused.

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 02:50:01PM -0400, Frederick Grose wrote:
> With Fedora-SoaS-Live-x86_64-32-1.6.iso I'm hearing no sound.
> And see no log messages.
>
> Is this a common problem?
>
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 2:21 PM Alex Perez <[1]aperez at alexperez.com> wrote:
>
>     The Fedora release team met today and approved the release of Fedora 32,
>     which is scheduled for this coming Tuesday, April 28th.
>
>     The 1.6 Release Candidate ISO for the Fedora 32 SoaS (Sugar on a Stick)
>     LiveCD/ISO is downloadable from [2]https://bit.ly/
>     Fedora-32-RC-SoaS-LiveISO-x86_64
>     It is one gigabyte in size.
>
>     This is a purely Python 3 based Sugar environment, and Python 2 activities
>     will not run here at all. This is the first version of Sugar on a Stick to
>     drop Python 2 completely, and a few of the bundled activities which have
>     yet to be ported to Python 3 were removed from this release, and will
>     re-appear at which point the porting and testing of them is complete.
>
>     Special thanks to Peter Robinson and Ibiam Chihurumnaya for making the
>     Sugar-specific bits of this spin possible.

> [1] mailto:aperez at alexperez.com
> [2] https://bit.ly/Fedora-32-RC-SoaS-LiveISO-x86_64
> [3] mailto:SoaS at lists.sugarlabs.org

James Cameron