[Sugar-devel] GCI 2019 Announced

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Sep 23 17:32:28 EDT 2019

Without users opening issues, we don't have an easy queue of work to
shovel into this.

I'm watching as many repositories as possible, but nothing much is
coming in.  Not just Sugar, also the same on Sugarizer and Music
Blocks.  Best is Sugarizer, where a few issues are trickling in.

There's more catch-up work to be done on Sugar now than we could
comfortably coordinate, either as individuals or a team.  Best we can
do is stay afloat.

Ideas for Sugar:

- port Python activities from GTK 2 to GTK 3,

- port Python activities from GStreamer 0.10 to GStreamer 1.0,

- port Python activities from Python 2 to Python 3,

- port JavaScript activities from Sugarizer to Sugar,

- add display resize support to activities,

Could think about string translations, if it were not for the
translation web server being down for weeks,

A serious question for the board will be whether we have enough
regular contributors to coordinate involvement in GSoC this year.

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 09:35:31PM +0100, Freddie N wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Google Code-In 2019 has now been officially announced running from 2nd December
> to 23rd January.
>
> Read more here: [1]https://opensource.googleblog.com/2019/09/
> google-code-in-2019-is-right-around_23.html
>
> The dates are even later this year.
>
> It has been very successful at encouraging open source within Sugar Labs for
> many years with contributors still around from the first year we entered.
>
> Freddie

> [1] https://opensource.googleblog.com/2019/09/google-code-in-2019-is-right-around_23.html

James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/