[Sugar-devel] [FEATURE] Regarding Music Blocks for GSoC

Sumit Srivastava sumitsrisumit at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 10:30:00 EST 2018

Hello everyone!

How important is music blocks for Sugar Labs? I feel it still is in it's
nascent stage.

I spend 18 out of 24 hours on either music or development and teaching to
code.
Music blocks combines all of the things I love: composing music, making
software and teaching children.

It will be a project I will really [insert a lot of really's here] enjoy
working on. All I wanted to ask is:
How important for Sugar Labs is Music Blocks? The answer to this question
will be a deciding factor in choosing it as a project for GSoC.

However, I absolutely love the idea of Music Blocks and would love to
contribute as music and coding are a major part of my life.

PS::About Me: coder-guitarist-teacher
I've built a few web apps that have had a few thousand users. Some people
call them startups. I'm currently working on a payment gateway and am
leading another project that I started in my university on brain computer
interface.
Musically, I can play close to 10 instruments. The primary instrument that
I compose on is guitar. Have been into music since 15 years and into coding
since 8 years.
Regarding teaching, I teach college & highschool students programming and
lead a coding group called De'Code in my university that shares meets once
in a while to discuss their coding challenges.