[Sugar-devel] Physics license mixes GPLv3+ and zlib?

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Jun 13 18:55:41 EDT 2017

G'day Sebastian,

Is this license combination compatible?  GPLv3+ of Physics [1] with an
embedded binary of pybox2d [2] under a zlib license.

Also;

- Physics has both COPYING and LICENSE with whitespace changes only,
  which are GPLv3+; which should it be?

- Physics/lib has LICENSE which is zlib,

- Physics git, .tar.bz2 and .xo include lib/ binaries of pybox2d,

- no documentation for building, except in a commit [3],

I've also a local dfsg branch which changes imports and removes lib/
to have dist_source write Physics-32.1~dfsg.tar.bz2 which can be
imported by git-buildpackage.  If there is any other interest, I can
push this branch and tag v32.1~dfsg, though the toolkit does not like
text in version numbers.  Might this be fixed?