[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] [SLOBS] MOTION: French visa for Samson Goddy to attend 10-year Anniversary Scratch Conf / 50-year Anniversary of Logo

Samson Goddy samsongoddy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 16:01:05 EDT 2017

On Jun 13, 2017 8:19 PM, "Sebastian Silva" <sebastian at fuentelibre.org>
wrote:

On 13/06/17 13:53, Samson Goddy wrote:

This was a project i did in 2014.. Because kids using the xo laptops were
actually playing those mentioned games online. I had to port them as a
activity for sugar. I didn't write or own the swf. It is free, there are
versions for those in Android which are free also.

Clearly you don't understand what Free Software means and so I don't think
you are fit to represent Sugar Labs, in an event or otherwise. Just my
opinion.

I have been in conferences in some part of Nigeria. Before i say things
about Sugar Labs i always ask people behind it for guidances. Walter has
always helped me to shape my talks. Same goes to other people in the
community.

Also my trip to Europe in July, i have been asking questions too. Because
that what learning is.

So if you think it is against Sugar Labs culture, i recommend you take it
down yourself.

It's not against our culture, but our rules
<http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activity_Library/Editors/Policy#Reasons_for_removing>.
As the breacher of these rules, it would be good if you realized your
mistake and fixed it. Otherwise, others will have to fix it for you.

I believe in learning, i am going to fix it as you stated. I am still new
to all these especially in Africa where they don't practice free
softwares(MS windows domain).

I see these as a challenge that needs fixing. Back in 2014 i didn't really
know how things work. Compare to now, so i am going to see a way to open
the source code for the swf file. If i don't succeed, i will take both
activities down.

Thanks