[Sugar-devel] Proxy Settings Feature in the recent versions of sugar

Manash Raja mpdmanash at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 01:43:34 EST 2016

Hi,

The college Internet connection that I have goes through a proxy server. I
am an interested developer as well as a sugar user along with my brother in
school. Even though there is a feature page for proxy setting (
https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Proxy_Settings ), it seems that the
settings are not available in the recent versions of sugar. So, I created
the settings feature and sent a PR (
https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar/pull/665 ).

I want guidance on how should I proceed further. I mean, what about the
feature page which says the feature is 100% complete for a particular
version and yet is not available on the recent release? Also, shall I
continue with the implementation I sent in the PR as that would be more
comfortable for me, and hence would take less time for the feature to get
incorporated in the latest verrsions of sugar, than to get the previous
implementation from the features page?

Thanking you
Regards
Manash Pratim Das