[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Name object on Activity exit revisited

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 13:50:09 EDT 2016

On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 1:38 PM, Sebastian Silva <sebastian at fuentelibre.org>
wrote:

> Not every time you do an activity are you doing work worth committing. For
> instance I work with a lot of terminals, that I reuse and there's no point
> in committing terminal sessions.
>
> So imho Sugar should not force you to commit if you don't want to.

We had long ago talked about letting some activities opt out. Regardless,
adding the commit message back with an opt-out button is fine with me, but
I still don't understand what problem we are solving. If I understand it,
Tony also wants to circumvent the relaunch last instance by default as
well. In the case of your Terminal example, it would mean you'd have
Terminal instances in your Journal for each time you used the Terminal
unless you too the time to go to the Journal and search for a previous
instance. I think that makes the spam problem worse, not better.

-walter

--
Walter Bender
Sugar Labs