[Sugar-devel] DESIGN TEAM Assemblage

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Feb 15 15:17:44 EST 2016

No, what you describe sounds like a Marketing Team.

Our Design Team acts in the context of the Sugar software, and
participation is by replying to threads on sugar-devel@ that have a
[DESIGN] subject tag.  Since you are on sugar-devel@ you can
participate already, just wait for a thread that asks.

Previous design team organisation also did not include marketing, see
https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Design_Team (last updated 2010).

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 11:05:22AM +0000, Ifeanyi Peter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Design team leader, Mr. Gary has been off for a while and that has led to mails
> not been responded to intending member who are willing to join the SugarLabs
> design team.
>
> I would like SugarLabs admins to organize a reassemble the design team to
> enhance effectiveness?
>
> The design team should be let more into designing Icons for SugarLabs, because
> it seems they are not let in more to so these works.
>
> The design team should be the "branding managers" for SugarLabs.
>
> The design team should also be responsible for presentation designs,
> info-graphics to attract prospects who would like to join (they say, pictures
> speaks more than words).
>
> And also in terms of Advertising, GIF images might also be handled by the
> design team while the code can be gotten from our Coders so that we can have
> these web adverts around the web on our various blogs to get more volunteer for
> SugarLabs.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Ifeanyi Matthew

James Cameron