[Sugar-devel] Code In: Having trouble setting up Dev Environment

Alex Perez aperez at alexperez.com
Tue Dec 20 15:17:44 EST 2016

Santi,

> On Dec 20, 2016, at 11:04 AM, Santi Acq <santiacquarone at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
> Yesterday I claimed the Beginner task "Install the Sugar development environment" in which I am supposed to followed this instructions "https://developer.sugarlabs.org/dev-environment.md.html <https://developer.sugarlabs.org/dev-environment.md.html>".
> The part I am having trouble with is after cloning the sugar-build repository in my home directory, when I run: ./osbuild pull. I get a lot of errors and messages there.
> (The message I get is here: https://paste.fedoraproject.org/510169/ <https://paste.fedoraproject.org/510169/>)
> I tried to search for a solution to this problem, and some people said It could be the firewall, however after opening the git port (9418) nothing changed, I am using Ubuntu 16.04 if that helps.

It looks like you are missing a Python module, which is provided by pip. It does not appear to be a git-related problem. Since the full name of the pip module is truncated/obfuscated in the log you put on the pastebin, it’s difficult to know exactly what the problem is, but my guess is that this pip module it is expecting to find is missing. Perhaps someone else here who is more familiar with osbuild can delve into exactly what/why that is.

OSError: Command /home/santiacq/sugar...nstall/bin/python2.7 -c "import sys, pip; sys...d\"] + sys.argv[1:]))" setuptools pip failed with error code 1