[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] [SLOB] meeting reminder

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Sun Apr 3 01:45:04 EDT 2016

I can't imagine the process is so simple. The overwritten translations
were probably on translate.sugarlabs.org.

Sugar developers need to determine which Pootle files to install in an
image. Each individual Sugar activity has an independent set of
translations which needs to be updated into a new version of the Activity.

As Sugar, we need a process to handle this. I strongly believe it is a
mistake to do perform localization directly on the Pootle server. It
would be better
to do the localization at the locale and verify it by use by the native
language speakers (primary school children). Update for activities is to
submit new po
files in an updated version of the acitivity (version += 1). This
process is under git version control. These updates, once vetted, can be
updated on translate.sugarlabs.org. On a new Sugar release, OLPC or
someone determines which activities and which versions of those
activities to include in the image.

Tony