[Sugar-devel] GSoC 2015 Project

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Fri Mar 6 19:39:53 EST 2015

It seems sad that this effort will be devoted to redoing what is already
done. There are many
new web activities such as Connect The Dots, Foodchain, Gears, Get
Things Done, Grid Paint, Last One Loses, Markdown and Tank Operation.
Couldn't at least some of this energy and creativity be devoted to the
development of new capabilities?

If we are going to emphasize programming in javascript, shouldn't we be
trying to implement some of the interactive tools available on the
internet such
as jsfiddle? There are also excellent tutorials for these technologies,
couldn't we provide some learning materials?

How are these web (not Python) based activities to be delivered to
deployments without access to the internet. Are we to abandon the
other 60% who do not have access? Perhaps GSOC could deliver a Sugar
build which works on all XO models and supports the sugar web service.

Tony