[Sugar-devel] Required Details for Turtle Blocks for in-line programming

Amit Kumar Jha amitjha1412 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 03:46:26 EST 2015

Hello,

I am Amit Kumar Jha from Hyderabad, I am a B-tech CSE student at
IIIT-Hyderabad, currently in third year. I found the project Turtle Blocks
for in-line programming quite interesting.

Before I dive into the project related discussion here is a little bit
about myself I have a strong grip in coding in python and have also used
Turtle Blocks activity. I have also been contributing in sugar labs since
past 1 month and I have added following patches

1) Added is_prime function to the calculate activity -
https://github.com/godiard/sugarlabs-calculate/pull/16
2) Fixed Pep8 errors -
https://github.com/godiard/sugarlabs-calculate/pull/17
3) Implement select all operation when the user press Ctrl+a -
https://github.com/godiard/sugarlabs-calculate/pull/26

I had a few doubts regarding this project like what do you expect?

Do you expect an editor for writing codes using turtle blocks and then
integrate this editor with activities like lets say Physics Activity OR
create a new activity which allows to write code using turtle blocks and
then maybe use that code(written using this activity) in activities like
what is done in Turtle Pond activity uploading your piece of search
algorithm OR maybe both.

I will be thankful, If someone can provide some more details about the
project and priority,potential of this project for GSOC 2015
--
Thanks
Amit Kumar Jha