[Sugar-devel] Required Details for Turtle Blocks for in-line programming

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 09:31:44 EST 2015

Thanks for taking an interest in the project.

Regarding your point of clarification, I think that using the Turtle
Blocks engine as an editor inside existing activities would be the
preferred mechanism, as oppose to constantly extending Turtle Blocks
itself. This would (1) let the editor be more specific to the needs of
the individual activity; (2) lessen the burden on the user for
installing plugins and extensions; (3) circumvent situations where
there are barriers to sharing data between activities -- e.g., running
outside of Sugar; and (4) perhaps encourage more developers to
incorporate more programmatic elements in their activities.

Make sense?

regards.

-walter

--