[Sugar-devel] Current status of GTK+ 3.x migration

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Sat Dec 26 10:41:09 EST 2015

Hi, Jonas

I guess you see how far out from the developer community I am. I
associate sucrose with Activity Central. I am not sure what a sucrose
developer is.
The involved developers have been doing well. However, for many of the
activities in ASLO, the original contributors have moved on, a natural
situation in
open source.

There is no attempt to point fingers, the decision is there. If Sugar is
to move to the mobile device, it appears necessary to work in a
Javascript not Python environment. So an activity developer/maintainer
needs to decide whether his investment in time in GTK is warranted or
should be spent it in rewriting the activity as a Sugar-web-activity.

Tony