[Sugar-devel] Sugar-install-bundle in 13.2.5 is slooow

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Sat Aug 29 06:12:49 EDT 2015

I use sugar-install-bundle to update the configuration of Sugar
activities when preparing laptops at deployments. With 13.2.5, this
script is taking 3-4 times as long
as with previous releases.

I can only speculate on the difference in times since I have 13.2.5 on
all the available XOs and apparently can't flash back.

Specifically,

Browse (some custom modifications)  Test 1: 23 minutes 34 seconds Test
2: 5 minutes 21 seconds
Jukebox (v26 - need gstream 0.1) Test 1: 19 minutes 26 seconds Test 2: 7
minutes 39 seconds
Quiz  Test 1 6 minutes 52 seconds Test 2 3 minutes 18 seconds

My recollection is that the install on 13.2.1 took less than 10 minutes
overall (including a number of other installs such as codecs, flash,
libre office, gcompris ) with
installation of these three activities taking from 2-3 minutes total.

Tony