[Sugar-devel] Current version

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Apr 24 19:40:29 EDT 2015

Thank you for your questions.

I'll give references in my answers so that you can learn how to answer
them yourself next time.  If you are still using 0.98, then you won't
be able to collaborate on design and development discussions.

1.  the current version of Sugar is 0.104.1, released on 10th March by
Martin Abente, so says the Sugar Labs Wiki main page, and the release
announcement:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/
http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2015-March/049788.html

2.  the next release of Sugar will be 0.105.0, with the cycle
announced on 20th April by Martin Abente:

http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2015-April/050011.html

3.  you can immediately use Sugar 0.104.1 on an XO-1 by installing the
packages available since 5th March, but sadly no interest or followup
on that thread:

http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2015-March/049737.html

4.  the current version of the Read activity is 114, released 13th
November 2014, and can be found by visiting activities.sugarlabs.org,
searching for Read, and clicking on view older versions (clearly a
bug),

http://activities.sugarlabs.org
http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addons/versions/4028

or use Sugar 0.104 to visit activities.sugarlabs.org, and the correct
latest version is shown.

--

My answers above are from the perspective of Sugar Labs, and if I've
made any mistakes other developers in Sugar Labs will no doubt point

My answers below are from the perspective of One Laptop per Child.

a.  a signed release of Sugar 0.104.1 is blocked by a problem with
Browse, which is also happening in 13.2.1.  See
http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2015-April/050011.html

There has been no progress on this problem.  Can you help?  If I
release without solving that problem, will you at least commit to
testing sooner than September?

b.  olpc-os-builder has been capable of building for XO-1 with the
Sugar 0.104.1 packages for weeks, but nobody else has reported any
testing, so there are no developers using it except me.

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 08:17:03PM +0200, Tony Anderson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Not to beat a dead horse, but what is the current version of Sugar?
> I am using 0.98. I assume that Sugarlabs considers the current
> version to be
> more recent. Possibly 0.104.  However, no version past 0.98 is
> available for the XO-1.
>
> What is the current version of Read? On ASLO it is 92.
>
> I would be happy to limit this discussion to the features of the
> current version - it we establish a clear definition of what is the
> current stable release.
> The traditional official site is http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Releases
> which shows the current stable release as 13.2.1. Sadly this page
> and the associated release notes
> do not mention the release level of Sugar. I suppose users are
> supposed to download, flash and then discover.
>
> Tony
>
> On 04/24/2015 06:00 PM, sugar-devel-request at lists.sugarlabs.org
> wrote:

Actually, that was me, not sugar-devel-request@, please turn off
digest mode.

> >Which version of Sugar and Read are you using?  This discussion is
> >supposed to be about the current version of Sugar and Read, for
> >planning the next version.  You have to be familiar with the current
> >version to be part of the discussion.

James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/