[Sugar-devel] GSoC'14 Proposal: Turtle Art 3D

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Fri Mar 21 02:42:35 EDT 2014

Anubhav

A very interesting project with the potential to make a major
contribution to the community.

A couple of products worth looking at, particularly for their UI and
how child friendly they are:

Star Logo TNG is 3D http://education.mit.edu/projects/starlogo-tng

Kahootz was a 3D animation authoring tool extensively used by
Australian primary schools (6-12 yo) it appears to be abandoned now
http://www.kahootz.com/actf/ I might have a CD

Alice www.alice.org too complex for 6-12 yo

Also, vpython http://vpython.org/ which is too complex for 6-12 yo but
comes with some very interesting samples

Tony