[Sugar-devel] gsettings in sugar-build

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 10:57:05 EDT 2014

In trying to fix a problem with sugar/tests/test-user-profile.py I
have bumped into a strange situation regarding gsettings. Perhaps you
can comment?

The bug is that the test does not preserve/restore the original
settings, so I added a setup and teardown to do just that.

But what I am finding is that reading from gsettings (or the model in
cpsection/aboutme) doesn't give me the same values when using check vs
run.

Well, not exactly. I can set values in the control panel and they are
preserved between sessions. But these values are not seen by check. So
new default values are set. I suspect that run is getting its data
from gconf and that the gsettings are not actually being set properly
in either check or run.

Where are the gsettings stored by sugar-build? I cannot find them.

thx.

-walter

--
Walter Bender