[Sugar-devel] Interest in Cordova/PhoneGap container for Sugar Project as a part of GSoC 14

Lionel Laské lionel at olpc-france.org
Tue Mar 18 16:19:57 EDT 2014

Hi Gaurav (and others interested by the this GSoC project),

The start point for the project is to have a good understanding of: what is
Sugar, what is Sugar Web Framework and how the interface between Sugar for
Python and Sugar for JavaScript works. Note that you'll need both a good
knowledge of JavaScript but, because the project is to interface Cordova
with Sugar, you'll have to dig into some Python code too.

Here some reading that I could suggest to you:

- [1] Describe the architecture of Sugar for the web.

- [2] Is the description of the last year GSOC project that was precisely
on enhance the Sugar Web interface.

- [3] Is the blog of Suraj the last year GSOC student - and will
co-mentoring with me, he described in detail difficulties that you could
probably meet too.

- [4] Sugarizer is a port of Sugar in HTML5/JavaScript, it's the good
introduction to Sugar. Plus the Cordova PhoneGap will have to work inside
Sugarizer too.

- [5] Explain how to create a Sugar development environment. It's a
pre-requisite to work on the project.

- [6] Explain how to add a new Cordova platform, basically, it's the work
to do.

- [7] is this mailing list, you should explore archives regarding Sugar Web
Framework.

Regards.

               Lionel.

[1] https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-docs/blob/master/web-architecture.md