[Sugar-devel] [Design]

kunal arora kunalarora.135 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 04:18:30 EDT 2014

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 10:08 PM, Gonzalo Odiard <godiard at sugarlabs.org>wrote:

> Note there are already patches implementing this
>
> http://www.google-melange.com/gci/task/view/google/gci2013/5402267310096384
>
> We need agree in the design part, do we really want show all that
> directories to the user?
> Can be configured for specific cases?

I also think that although this is an essential functionality, displaying
all the folders may not be the best way to go from the design perspective.
Some of the options that can be considered are:
1) We could choose from the settings, which folders to display. It would
provide an option of customizability.
2) We could just display one Browse option which would display all the
folders and files of the computer the person could choose from them (I
don't know how it would be implemented right now though).

Maybe the design team could weigh in and provide a better alternative.

I also have a few other ideas and questions regarding this which i will
discuss with you on IRC when you come back.
My nickname on IRC: curiousguy13

Regards,
Kunal