[Sugar-devel] Feature freeze

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 08:31:24 EDT 2014

On 13 March 2014 08:50, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:

> Daniel would you be amicable to stretching it out by a month so we
> have one more round of dev releases before entering freeze?

Sorry for the delay on closing down this issue, I have been busy. I'll try
to keep it short so that we can all go back at work asap.

I think we are taking the wrong decision in the wrong way here. I have yet
to see a rationale for proposing a delay. We are apparently trying to save
some time for some deployment team, and I'd argue we are not even saving
much. I don't like this kind of ad hoc decisions, as an upstream we should
be thinking less about our own short time priorities and more about
potential contributors. I'm not in love with time based releases, as I have
pointed out in the past, but we should be reconsidering our release
approach as a whole, if it's not good enough, rather than making an
exception for not particularly good reasons.

That said, I think the community consensus is pretty clear, I'm the only
one in disagreement. So please someone send me the new release dates and
I'll update the schedule.