[Sugar-devel] Regarding Social Help project

Prasoon Shukla prasoon92.iitr at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 08:12:41 EDT 2014

Hi Sam,

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 3:24 PM, Sam Parkinson <sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I agree, Discourse looks amazing! Just a few ideas to chuck around:
>
>    -
>
>    I think it would be nice to try to make the forums automatically login
>    when using sugar. This could be done by storing a uuid and a key on the
>    computer. When you go to the forum it could automatically log you in with
>    your sugar username and uuid (but let you use a different account if you
>    wish). I think this would be useful since:
>     - Users probably want help quickly and this would mean less hoops
>       - Keeping a uuid or key of some sort would still allow
>       communication with the user. This could be just a little script that used
>       the upcoming notification system
>
> Yes, exactly. I was thinking of developing a python-ruby authentication
bridge for discourse. We will need to get an account created though. This
could be done the first time the user accesses social help. From then on
however, we can save the session (much like a browser) instead of writing a
script to log them in - so that we don't actually need to log them in -
they'll already be logged in when they open the the help. I'll ask around
the discourse community for the viability of this idea.

https://meta.discourse.org/t/real-time-updates/5151

>    -
>
> I am really interested in this and would love to help.

Why, thank you! I'll let you know if anything comes up :)