[Sugar-devel] Regarding Social Help project

Sam Parkinson sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 05:54:14 EDT 2014

Hi,

I agree, Discourse looks amazing! Just a few ideas to chuck around:

   -

   I think it would be nice to try to make the forums automatically login
   when using sugar. This could be done by storing a uuid and a key on the
   computer. When you go to the forum it could automatically log you in with
   your sugar username and uuid (but let you use a different account if you
   wish). I think this would be useful since:
    - Users probably want help quickly and this would mean less hoops
      - Keeping a uuid or key of some sort would still allow communication
      with the user. This could be just a little script that used the upcoming
      notification system
    -

   Also is Discourse real time / do you instantly get the updates without
   having to refresh? That would be cool

I am really interested in this and would love to help.

Sam