[Sugar-devel] Proposing review 0.102 schedule

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 21:56:02 EDT 2014

Daniel,

I think that what is behind this request is that there are some
deployments (Australia and Uruguay) where a few weeks delay wouldn't
make much difference but carrying a bunch of patches downstream for
another release cycle will mean a lot of work. I don't think Gonzalo
made this request lightly. That said, we all respect and will abide by
your decision as release manager.

thanks.

-walter

On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 7:40 PM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10 March 2014 22:53, Gonzalo Odiard <godiard at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
>>
>> Why is the reason to propose this?
>>
>> We have a few features almost ready for include.
>> Almost means, they received a first and in some cases
>> a second review.
>

> I don't understand the rationale. What if I sent a big feature patch
> today... Would you take it and thus delay the release again? Would you
> refuse it and thus make me wait more time than if we went with the original
> schedule? The first approach would delay the release forever, the second
> honestly seems unfair.
>
> I'm in a pretty uncomfortable situation. You guys are driving the work, I'm
> just trying to facilitate it... So I don't feel like strongly opposing the
> changes you are proposing. On the other I can't really understand or approve
> the rationale. Perhaps someone more in sync with your release management
> vision should take over the role...

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs
http://www.sugarlabs.org