[Sugar-devel] sugar-build on archlinux without broot

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Sun Mar 9 19:07:55 EDT 2014

> Then issues ocurred with gwebsockets. It persistently tried to use
> python3.3, my system's default, instead of python2.7. Finally I found the
> culprit, in
> ./out/sandbox/install/lib/python2.7/site-packages/osbuild/build.py I
> replaced in line 190 one instance of "python" for "python2.7" and it worked
> after that.
>
> Finally when building sugar-base I had to set up the environment variable
> PYTHON=/usr/bin/python2.7 in order for it to build.
> Also, when building sugar, I had to manually create the directory
> "./out/install/etc/gconf/" or it would fail to install

Maybe you can solve this issues just creating symlinks like in fedora:

[gonzalo at localhost develop-activity]$ ls -l /bin/python
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 7 Jan  9  2013 /bin/python -> python2

[gonzalo at localhost develop-activity]$ ls -l /bin/python2
lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root 9 Jan  9  2013 /bin/python2 -> python2.7

Gonzalo