[Sugar-devel] Gtk 3.10 icon size regression

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sat Jan 18 05:32:34 EST 2014

On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 10:41:57AM +0100, Daniel Narvaez wrote:
> Just for the record I'm not sure wayland is completely out of
> question for the XO, it does support non accelerated hardware to
> some extent.

The OLPC XO does have some accelerated graphics paths, just not as
many or as fast as some other systems.

> By the way, XO is our main platform from the number of users point
> of view but it seems like a dead end at this point. So IMO it should
> not be our main target when designing future solutions.

Yes, but not for the reason you give.  The OLPC XO is still in
production, and is still in deployment.  The best reason for not
selecting the OLPC XO as your main target is so that Sugar can be
suitable for as many platforms as possible.

Any design decisions that leave the OLPC XO terribly behind will cause
deployments to maintain a fork.

I'm aware of a volunteer deployment that has already taken this
decision, because of the perceived effect of the GTK3 conversion,
which did not live up to hopes.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/