[Sugar-devel] Private vs Public conversations

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Thu Oct 31 19:36:21 EDT 2013

Hi, Sameer

I've tried to sit on my hands in this discussion. I agree with your
assessment
completely.

I had the opportunity to talk with Ruben Rodriguez at the sprint. He has
Sugar running (under Ubuntu) on a Nexus 7 and on a standard PC. I have
one of each to test this. The Nexus 7 together with a bluetooth keyboard
and
holder makes a reasonable physical package. I found a refurbished
Gateway identical to my netbook at less than $200. I plan to use that
also for testing.

My previous netbook (Asus eeepc which has since become unable had
Ubuntu installed on top of Windows (using the D: drive space). I
installed it
with wubi which enables Windows and Ubuntu to be dual-booted (by grub
which pushes Windows down to the slot below the memory test).

I hope this setup will work with Sugar.

In effect, it is possible that deployments can use Classmates or Android
tabllets
(with a keyboard) as alternatives to XOs going forward.

Yours,

Tony