[Sugar-devel] service_name and bundle_id... again

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Wed Oct 30 13:41:56 EDT 2013

> Oh, good Gonzalo, this is the bug to solve then.  Your patch is in the
> correct direction, but allows GTK3 activities to use service_name,
> which I don't think is correct.  The fix should allow only GTK2
> activities to use service_name, and log a deprecation warning message,
> as you did.

I don't see your point.

Look at the code. activitybundle.py do not have logic to recognize gtk2 or
gtk3
activities. The patch is simple, why look for a more complicate logic,
only to avoid new activities using service_name instead of bundle_id?

We have a problem with old activities stopping working, not with new
activities.

Gonzalo