[Sugar-devel] service_name and bundle_id... again

Manuel Quiñones manuq at laptop.org
Wed Oct 30 13:11:57 EDT 2013

2013/10/30 Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org>:

> On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 1:51 PM, Manuel Quiñones <manuq at laptop.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> 2013/10/30 Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com>:
>> > This breaks gtk2 activities right? I think that should be considered a
>> > bug
>> > and thus we should take the patch (I have not reviewed it). I would add
>> > comment though so that when we will finally drop gtk2 support we will
>> > remove
>> > this too.
>>
>> First of all, GTK2 activities should use sugar-toolkit, not
>> sugar-toolkit-gtk3 .
>

> Wait. The problem is not gtk2 activities using sugar-toolkit-gtk3.
>
> The problem is, sugar is using sugar-toolkit-gtk3 to read the activity.info
> file
> on old activities. Then, that activities can't start.

Oh, good Gonzalo, this is the bug to solve then.  Your patch is in the
correct direction, but allows GTK3 activities to use service_name,
which I don't think is correct.  The fix should allow only GTK2
activities to use service_name, and log a deprecation warning message,
as you did.

Thanks,

--
.. manuq ..