[Sugar-devel] Next release

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 11:12:30 EDT 2013

On 8 October 2013 15:18, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:

> It depends if it's proper "continuous development" where it's all
> small and incremental improvements with the platform being constantly
> usable and features and it also depends on the end users of the
> product.

I agree and I don't think we are quite ready yet for that kind of
development. Which is why I have not proposed a change.

> Unfortunately I think a lot of the end users and customer of
> sugar are interested in a more traditional approach.

I agree it depends on the end users too. But I'm not convinced the
traditional approach, with very big delta between releases, works well for
our users. We was just discussing that in irc the other day (Manuel posted
logs), most of the deployments have not upgraded to recent releases.