[Sugar-devel] How to deploy the webactivity libraries

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Thu May 30 05:54:18 EDT 2013

On 30 May 2013 11:33, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:

> So you mean for now, we should just add a copy of sugar-web library into
> each activity bundle. And then in the next step deal with the packaging of
> sugar-web as a dependency?

Yeah, though even for the next step I think we should reevaluate if system
dependencies are really what we want. We will be in a much better position
to decide anyway.

> On the packaging end this means that for the next release the packaging of
> the core will not change at all (sugar, sugar-toolkit-gtk3...). Only the
> webactivities need to be packaged and those contain sugar-web.

We will need the html bits (duh more renaming to web necessary) in sugar
and sugar-toolkit-gtk3 but no real packaging changes there.

> I think this would be a good compromise for now, given that things are in
> flux. And in the html+css+js world things seem to change fast, let's see
> which package management will survive the next months [1]. Maybe volo is
> gone by then.
>
> About activity development: we should shape the API while we develop
> activities. I am starting with that process now. The more people doing that
> the better, as now we can change API quickly. Of course for a developer
> this means a rather flux environment.

Totally agreed.