[Sugar-devel] Social Sugar : GSoC '13

Akshit Khurana axitkhurana at gmail.com
Fri May 3 07:12:50 EDT 2013

About the profiles, I  was thinking about user profiles backed by different
services one of which would be the "sharing website", other FOSS backends
could include identi.ca or diaspora, but I'm not sure about their
popularity among kids. Can you think of any other solution popular among
kids? The structure can be inspired by Rapportive[1], with each service
expanding and giving more details on hover.

A large part of the sharing website can have a Sugar UI as well, profiles,
galleries, projects but that is possible after the API is ready.

We could also, sync all project data on the sharing website privately, with
option to make it public later, if one chooses to do so. It would be like a
sync service for Sugar.

Also, I was initially focusing on UI components related to FB/Twitter
because the backends for these services were ready[2]. I can also see a
mention about a classroom service there. Could you please elaborate on
that, can it be a part of this project?

Thanks,
Akshit

[1] http://rapportive.com/images/website/dimmed-screenshot-large.jpg