[Sugar-devel] webservices patch (again)

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 20:23:32 EDT 2013

Back in mid-February, Raul and I submitted four patches for review to
add webservice support to Sugar [1]. There is a corresponding Feature
Page [2] in the wiki describing our overall goals. The lack of review
was undoubtedly due to the fact that the Sugar developers were busy
with the release of 0.98. I've attached just two of the original four
patches--the ones that directly impact Sugar as opposed to
extensions--with the hope that these bits can be reviewed independent
of any specific services. Once these patches are merged, I will follow
up with the extension patches.

Meanwhile, there has been some progress made on the Facebook service
[3] and a preliminary Twitter service is also running [4]. And there
has been some discussion about making a classroom service (for tasks
such as handing out classroom materials). I do believe this is an
important direction for Sugar.

regards.

-walter

[1] http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2013-February/041808.html