[Sugar-devel] github (was Re: Fwd: Proposal on how to speed up patch reviews)

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 18:26:34 EDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 6:01 PM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Daniel!
>
> On 28 March 2013 17:53, S. Daniel Francis <francis at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
>> Just some things which come to my mind:
>>
>> * Will bugs.sugarlabs.org make sense having the github bug tracker?
>
> Integration between git and the bug tracker would be pretty awesome
> (being able to close bugs by just mentioning them in the log). Though
> it's optional really, we might migrate only when we are really really
> sure we love github :)
>
> Mostly our sysadmins seems to hate trac. If we have to move away from
> it and if we actually move code to github, then it probably make sense
> to just use the bug tracker there and enjoy the integration.
>
>> * Should some subpages of http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities be moved
>> to github wikis?
>
> I tend to think this should stay where it is, I don't like to have too
> many places where we host content, it gets confusing.
>
> (Well if you ask me, we shouldn't host most of our content in a wiki
> but in git, where you can keep some editorial control. But that's
> probably just me, really!)

+1 except we need a way for mere mortals to edit and view it. The
advantage of a Mediawiki is that (probably) more non-techie people
know how to use it than any other content management system.

OTOH, using git for the Sugar Journal backend has been a long-standing dream.

-walter

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs
http://www.sugarlabs.org