[Sugar-devel] github (was Re: Fwd: Proposal on how to speed up patch reviews)

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 18:01:24 EDT 2013

Hey Daniel!

On 28 March 2013 17:53, S. Daniel Francis <francis at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> Just some things which come to my mind:
>
> * Will bugs.sugarlabs.org make sense having the github bug tracker?

Integration between git and the bug tracker would be pretty awesome
(being able to close bugs by just mentioning them in the log). Though
it's optional really, we might migrate only when we are really really
sure we love github :)

Mostly our sysadmins seems to hate trac. If we have to move away from
it and if we actually move code to github, then it probably make sense
to just use the bug tracker there and enjoy the integration.

> * Should some subpages of http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities be moved
> to github wikis?

I tend to think this should stay where it is, I don't like to have too
many places where we host content, it gets confusing.

(Well if you ask me, we shouldn't host most of our content in a wiki
but in git, where you can keep some editorial control. But that's
probably just me, really!)