[Sugar-devel] Sugar on Raspberry Pi

Thomas Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Thu Mar 28 07:56:48 EDT 2013

On 03/28/2013 02:11 AM, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
> Hi I want to know the status of a RaspberryPi distribution like
> Raspbian which can handle Sugar's environment. Something like Sugar on
> a Pi.
>
> I could find this testing reports talking about Sweets
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Testing/Reports/Sweets_on_Raspberry_pi_armhf_raspbian
>
> The reports seems to say is stable but slow. I wonder if there has
> been any optimization gone into this as of lately?
>
> --
> Alexandro Colorado
> Apache OpenOffice Contributor
> http://es.openoffice.org

Also look at:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Testing/Reports/ARM_RPi#Test_report_rpfr-f18-final.img

There are several tests on this page using several different RPi
software versions.

Sugar 0.96.2 runs nicely but slowly on both the B 512 and the  B 256
Raspberry Pi
  http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/File:Rpfr-fi18-rc1.png

Tom Gilliard
satellit on #sugar freenode IRC