[Sugar-devel] can't 'yum update' from virtual environment

Basanta Shrestha basanta.shrestha at olenepal.org
Thu Mar 28 05:51:55 EDT 2013

Hi all,
I am trying to build os for XO-1.75. I have installed fedora 14 as main OS
and installed fedora for ARM (Fedora 12)  under virtual
machine. Everything including network is working from within virtual OS and
I can ping outer world as well.

I now need to install essential packages to run olpc-os-builder from within
virtual machine OS,  but the problem is, I am not able to update ( yum
update) nor install any package. Need help.

The yum configuration files have been copied below:
-------------------------------------

[root at fedora-arm yum.repos.d]# more /etc/yum.conf
[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum/$basearch/$releasever
keepcache=1
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
exactarch=1
obsoletes=1
gpgcheck=1
plugins=1
installonly_limit=3

[root at fedora-arm yum.repos.d]#
[root at fedora-arm yum.repos.d]# more /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora.repo
[fedora]
name=Fedora $releasever - $basearch
mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.fedora-arm
.wantstofly.org/?repo=fedora-$releasever&arch=$basearch
enabled=1
metadata_expire=7d
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-$basearch

[fedora-source]
name=Fedora $releasever - Source
failovermethod=priority
#baseurl=
http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/source/SRPMS/
mirrorlist=
https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-source-$releasever&arch=$basearch
enabled=0
metadata_expire=7d
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-primary

[fedora-arm-source]
name=Fedora ARM $releasever - Source
mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.fedora-arm
.wantstofly.org/?repo=fedora-source-$releasever&arch=$basearch
enabled=0
metadata_expire=7d
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-$basearch
[root at fedora-arm yum.repos.d]#

Regards,
Basanta

--