[Sugar-devel] Features: Background image in Home View

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Fri Mar 22 09:06:49 EDT 2013

Attached is a patch to review implementing the feature [1]

Almost all the work was done by Agustin Zubiaga, in the context of Google
Code in contest,
with a few little improvements from Walter and me.

This is a long requested feature. I think we can organize a contest to
create a collection
of useful images, because not all the images are really appropriate due to
the contrast
needed with the icons. A few examples, good and bad are in the feature page.

A list of possible future improvements is in the feature page too.

Gonzalo

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Background_image_on_home_view