[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Etoys in RC4 SoaS-v7 does not start when jabber is connected. ( f17 release is imminent )

Manuel Kaufmann humitos at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 06:54:51 EDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 12:46 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
> Both Etoys 4 and Etoys 5 work fine with the presence service in Sugar 0.94 (tested on XO-1.5, 11.3.1 build 885).

I'm not sure to understand this comment. Are you saying that Etoys 5
works fine but it can not be shared or "works fine" means that you can
run it and play with Etoys but alone?

> I am re-implementing the presence service in Etoys, but this is going to take a while longer. If you want sharing to work with Etoys right now, the easiest would be to fix the presence service (which is a Python task, so may be easier for you).

Maybe I can help with this but I have no idea about "presence
service", I should study about it. Is there a ticket with this issue
with a bit of history that I can read to catch up?

See you,

--
Kaufmann Manuel
Blog: http://humitos.wordpress.com/