[Sugar-devel] Object Chooser (was Re: Etoys mp3 files)

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Tue Jun 5 04:02:51 EDT 2012

On 05.06.2012, at 07:25, Ajay Garg wrote:

> Just wish to confirm, if the following hold true ::
>
> a)
> As mentioned in one of the earlier emails, 'get_properties' method needs to succeed to open a journal/external-USB-drive object.
> So, my query is : is the end-result just opening of the file (from journal/external-USB-drive), or something more too ?

The Etoys code just assumed that object_id was in fact an UID for the datastore. To get the file associated with a UID you need to call get_properties. However, what we get from the object chooser is not always a UID, but sometimes a full path. We must not call get_properties on that, but simply open it.

> b)
> If the answer to a) is "just opening the file", then I presume your commit fixes/enhances the case of opening the file from external-USB-drive ?

Yes, my fix to Etoys means that it can now use the object chooser to open files from external USB drive.

- Bert -