[Sugar-devel] Help activity future

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Fri Jul 27 09:55:47 EDT 2012

On 07/27/2012 02:46 PM, Manuel Kaufmann wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org> wrote:
>> rst is yet "another markup" here, for a teacher or writer :)
>> As you can see, the Help is being edited in the wiki now.
>
> Yes, I know. That's why I said: "I agree with you". When the wiki will
> be finished we (developers) can take that content and convert them to
> .rst

Ok, Gonzalo has a point that the first task is getting the context
together. However if you want to convert that content to a markup later
it makes sense to use a markup GNOME is using as at least the OLPC does
ship with GNOME as well and GNOME is the community we interact with
most. If we use the same tools we are much more likely to get
contributions from GNOME as well.

Regards,
    Simon