[Sugar-devel] Help activity future

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 08:34:07 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 2:06 PM, Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org> wrote:

> Julia Reynolds (copied) is working on updating the Help content,
> based in the work done here:
>
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Help_Activity_refresh
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Help_Activity_refresh/TOC
>
> May be she can tell us what is the actual state.

This is excellent news!

I still sorry that we got so distracted that we didn't manage to finish the
Help Activity Update during the documentation sprint in April. However it's
good to see that the progress we did make can now be somewhat of a basis
for Julia's word.

> I was looking at Mallard, but I didn't wanted impose over the people
> writing the content, the charge of learning a new markup.
>
> For us, is difficult found people available to write the content,
> (the last full manual is from Sugar 0.82)
> then, I think we should try to get the help written, and later,
> we can see and translate to other markup if is useful.

My thoughts exactly.

Cheers,
Christoph

> What is the benefit of using Mallard?
> I don't see how we can join forces in this particular case.
>
> Gonzalo
>
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 8:24 AM, Manuel Quiñones <manuq at laptop.org> wrote:
> > 2012/7/26 Manuel Kaufmann <humitos at gmail.com>:
> html content swapped in for various language translations.
> >>
> >> What is the actual format of those files? I thought it was .rst, but
> >> it seems that I'm confused.
> >
> > Thanks for raising this topic, there are some questions at GUADEC
> > about how we are behaving regarding documentation.
> >
> > I think we should use Mallard in the future, as GNOME is using it to
> > display the help of the apps with the Yelp browser.  And It's
> > important to join forces.
> >
> > http://projectmallard.org/
> >
> > I wonder what happened with the refresh of the Help content:
> >
> > http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Help_Activity_refresh/TOC
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > --
> > .. manuq ..